Tuesday, October 13, 2009

A request!



My co-worker asked me to make an apron as a Christmas gift for her niece. This is my first sewing order, so I was honored that she asked!
Apparently her niece is an awesome cook and a great athlete. My kind of girl!! She plays both soccer and hockey, so my co-worker hoped to incorporate both sports. Soccer fabrics were fairly easy to find. Hockey fabrics that might appeal to a nine-year old girl...not so easy! I looked locally and online for fabrics and we settled on the two Robert Kaufman prints above from Hancock's of Paducah. Cute, aren't they? But not too cute, as the request specified nothing too girly-girl!
My plan is to dig into this apron project after Halloween. Until then, I am working on craft fair items to sell, a halloween costume for my daughter and a baby shower gift for my sister. My list is long (and growing), but my time is short! If it weren't for this full-time job :)

3 comments:

  1. Maybe you need to make a trip to Canada... I'm sure there's lots of hockey fabric here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure I could spend a small fortune fabric shopping in TO! It probably wouldn't be hockey themed prints, though :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your first order. Darn those full-time jobs that keep us from sewing!

    ReplyDelete